Monday, July 23, 2007

Bloglines

I signed up for Bloglines during the planning stages of Library 2.0, and I haven't had a chance to look at it since. It seems like a great tool for bringing all the frequently visited sites under one place, but for some reason I just keep forgetting to check there.

The real tool I'd like to learn more about is how to add the RSS link to Lane Library's blog. Because we use Blogger, they provide the option to subscribe with Atom. But now that I've used Bloglines a bit, it seems like the RSS or Atom link isn't actually necessary if you want to subscribe to a blog. However, there is an icon in the url area of Lane Library's blog (I'm just not sure if it's RSS or if that matters). When I clicked on that to subscribe, it asked which feed I wanted to add it to and Bloglines was an option. yay!

No comments: